We’re excited to meet with you to talk about estate planning. We want to deliver peace of mind. It’s helpful to know:
- What to expect in our discussion,
- What you should think about beforehand, and
- What you should bring with you.
What to Expect. Our first discussion usually takes about an hour and will be an in person meeting or remote via phone or video call. We’ll take some time to learn about you, your family, your assets, and any specific objectives or concerns. We often call this first discussion the design meeting. By understanding your situation and what is meaningful to you we can be mindful as we design a personalized estate plan for you and we’ll draw it out on the whiteboard. So, by the end of our meeting you’ll know what plan we recommend, you’ll understand how it works, what it will cost, and when it will be completed.
If you like it, we’ll gather some info from you and get started. We’ll arrange a time for a follow up appointment to review and sign your estate planning documents. Our hope is that we’ve done such a good enough job that you’ll recommend us to your friends.
What to Think About
- If you have minor children, who would you name as their guardian if something were to happen to you.
- Who would you want to make your medical decisions if you are incapacitated.
- Who would you name to administer your estate upon your death for your beneficiaries.
- Do you have any specific thoughts about how you would like to divide your estate and to whom upon your death.
What to Bring With You
- Current estate planning documents (if any)
- Completed Data Sheet which can be sent to us in advance or brought with you.
While it’s helpful to have this information, don’t stress if you don’t have everything or if the Data Sheet is incomplete. The most important thing is that you show up. We can help from there.
We’ll see you soon and we’re excited to deliver peace of mind.